• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am I Up To Date? (firmware/Kernal/Build#) X10a

atracdroid

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
Hey everyone, I'm new to this Xperia x10, just got it for xmas.
I am wondering if I am up to date with my firmware and build#..
My carrier is at&t:

Model- X10a
Firmware Ver.- 1.6
Baseband ver.- 1.1.32
Kernal Ver.- 2.6.29-rel
Build number- R2CA016

If I'm not up to date what are the steps I need to take to be up to date?

BTW, I LOVE this phone :D. Battery is a little finicky, but otherwise super fast browser, love the speed and smooth touchscreen. And the free apps are AMAZING. :eek:

I believe the X10 has been updated to 2.1 OTA, but you have the X10a so I have no idea.
I suggest you click 'Check now'
Settings > About phone > System software updates > Scheduled check (ticked) > Check now

This might not help necessarily. Plug it into your PC and make sure you have either PC Companion or SEUS installed. That will tell you.

Upvote 0
Enough said

Checking for the update directly on the phone will not work, since it's a whole Operating system change. That's can't be done over the air.

You are not. You should have:

Model number: X10a
Firmware version: 2.1update1
Baseband version: 2.0.46
Kernel version: 2.6.29 SEMCUser"SEMCHost#1
Build Number: 2.0.A.504

That's what i have. Like somebody said before, just plugit on a PC with either PC companion (will prompt install on first plug if you do not) -- from the phone, or Sony Erricsson Service Update (SEUS), to do the upgrade.

What you will get is basicly an upgrade from Android Donut (1.6) to Eclair (2.1)

Hope this will help.

Upvote 0
You are not. You should have:

Model number: X10a
Firmware version: 2.1update1
Baseband version: 2.0.46
Kernel version: 2.6.29 SEMCUser"SEMCHost#1
Build Number: 2.0.A.504
Here's what I have :)...

15n23df.png

... .24 is the latest with the 2.0.49 Baseband

Upvote 0
That can't apply to all phones can it? My Legend got the 2.2 update OTA

I only speak for the X10, i've heard that some other phones can do this but not all. My friend with a Galaxy S could not do the 2.1 -->2.2 over the air, he had to plug it and download by his software update program

Sure X10iUser that you have a custom rom for your phone. The stats that i've put were the latest for Rogers Canada X10a's. Anyway you from the UK (or any european places) will always get better version of the pack since back in 1.6 we were only able to get up to RBA020...:(

Upvote 0
Sure X10iUser that you have a custom rom for your phone. The stats that i've put were the latest for Rogers Canada X10a's. Anyway you from the UK (or any european places) will always get better version of the pack since back in 1.6 we were only able to get up to RBA020...:(
While this is true you could always take things into your own hands and get/make your own ROM and have the latest firmwares.I gave up on AT&T 2 days after purchasing the phone and finding out that AT&T may never release the firmware or it may take months they haven't said anything official its all just speculation so far they just shush it away and with the ***** they have working there make it worse by lying to everyone :(.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones