1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Amateur Androider with a question or two...Support

1. theburrus1

theburrus1 Member

Greetings to everyone. I'm new here and to Android but I'm definitely a fan and hooked indefinitely. A couple initial questions here. I have Android 2.1 and am looking for the best FREE Video Player out there for my phone; in the process, I cannot seem to have all my video clips on my sdcard play continuously and consecutively with any of the players I've tried yet-you have to go back to the sdcard for each file again and again to keep them playing. It's just not even an option in the settings. Anyone know a way to do that? I am trying out Act 1 Video Player and I like it but again, this is an aggravating app issue.

Also, anyone know how exactly for my phone and with Android 2.1 I can get it tethered so I could use my 3G data signal as a modem? I have a USB cord for it and it gives me the option for the modem when I plug into my PC. But I read somewhere you must have a rooted phone? I don't think mine is. Any ideas?

Well, that's all I have now but I will look to return here soon with more questions or even answers for anyone needing them as rare as it may be. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. AssertiveBard

AssertiveBard Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the video apps, but I can help you with the modern. Go to the Market and download PdaNet. It is really easy to use. If you want to use your phone as a wireless hotspot, you can either choose to pay VZW for the privilege, or root it in order to send the signal for free.

Hope you are liking your Citrus.
    CABO767 likes this.