1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing App - c:geo

Last Updated:

1. TylerM

TylerM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you interested in geocaching, you should check out the app c:geo

c:geo by carnero

I have over 200 apps installed on my phone and this is right up there with LauncherPro for the absolute best. It's beautiful, fast, and updated very frequently. It's always going to be free and runs from donations. I just thought since this app has brought me more enjoyment than any other that everyone should know about it and try it out.

He keeps pumping out features and answers *everyone* on the Facebook fan page when you have a problem.

What's more insane is the number of API's he's integrating into the app. He's using the compass, GPS, Twitter, geocaching.com, Google Navigation, Radar app, and more. This is the first time using an app on Android that I've thought, "iPhone doesn't have anything remotely close to this".

Advertisement
  2. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Agreed - a fantastic app and just so convenient to use. My only gripe is that its use is dependent on an internet connection and for some remote caches this can be a headache. The option to download a serious of caches prior to going out would make it perfect.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. TylerM

TylerM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You can store caches! It's on the main page for a cache... "Store Cache"

4. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Well I never knew that - I feel incredibly unobservant now. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the point of geocaching?

Drrooiid

6. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

I've been geocaching for over 9 years. No, I'm not the most active geocacher arround, but it is a blast. Wait til you see how many are arround you :)

From GEOCACHING.COM :

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Thanks.

Drrooiid

8. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

+1 for this app. Its the only geocaching app I use.

9. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

I will give this a +1 as well. I have tried every geocaching app out there, and came back to this one in the end. The developer is responsive and the app works great. Almost never have to whip out my standalone Magellan GPS anymore.

10. Geck0

Geck0 Member

Gets my vote. I introduced my friends to GC the other day while using this app. They were really impressed with how accurate the tech/app was. The offline feature is excellent, various sized maps and all the info stored, so much better than the old blackberry app I used to rely on.

To make things better my 3GS using buddy asked if she could find such an app in the apple market place. Gutted when she found out it was

11. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Member

Would love to Download this app, but my ATT Aria is blocking it. Stupid At&T

12. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

Great app but I cannot get it remove itself as a standard browser. I have unchecked 'Idendify c:geo as a standard browser' but when I go into view all logs in my standard browser I am still offered the option of viewing in c:geo

Ideas anyone?

13. Cowboy72

Cowboy72 New Member

C:geo has been taken over by a new developer a couple months ago, and it is ROCK SOLID! they are constantly making improvements to it and continually making sure it runs smooth. Best Geocaching app available. I use it all the time and my standalone GPSR that is now a dust collector.