• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Appstore for Android NOT available outside US?!

vancouver3

Feb 13, 2012
I wonder Why the Amazon Appstore for Android not available in Canada??

There are many promotions available on Amazon.com, and they have a paid app every day for free, too bad we can't take an advantage of it here in Canada.

Is there any other ways around it?

Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.0

There is a way around it, you can register on a site and get a us address, and use a test credit card number also from the us. As you dont actually buy anything (if you only want the free app of the day) that works perfectly. I am using this method myself.
I have read that it also works when you buy an app, as when the charge to the credit card fails, you get the option to use another credit card, and then you can use any credit card.
I found a detailed set up guide on modaco.

Upvote 0
There is a way around it, you can register on a site and get a us address, and use a test credit card number also from the us. As you dont actually buy anything (if you only want the free app of the day) that works perfectly. I am using this method myself.
I have read that it also works when you buy an app, as when the charge to the credit card fails, you get the option to use another credit card, and then you can use any credit card.
I found a detailed set up guide on modaco.

Thanks, I figured I might as well stick with android market for now, not much of a variety on Amazon anyways, however, they do have promotions for certain apps, that's probably their competency

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones