Amazon Appstore problemGeneral

1. fisterkev

fisterkev Well-Known Member

So I got my wife a new phone and am giving the Elite to the kid, wiped it and reinstalled the Amazon Appstore. It installs a version 2 now, none of our other phones have this one. It looks like it was designed for the Kindle Fire.

It does not work. I try to go to My Apps and it just sits there loading forever. Anyone else see this or know how to fix it?

I tried sideloading an older .apk and same thing - it automatically installs this new one. None of the other phones are seeing this new appstore.

ETA: It is version 4.0.634.0. I got it to work but it is sloooooooowww. Amazon has a problem with their new version. Don't update to it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Try doing the email signup again where they email you the link for their apk. Barring that, contact Amazon, they may have a solution.
  3. DroidMello

DroidMello Active Member

Just an idea....in the settings under applications do you have the option to allow non-market apps checked?
  4. fisterkev

fisterkev Well-Known Member

Yes.

It works, just takes forever to load, forever to download, etc. Amazon definitely has a problem with it's new Appstore.

It is odd that none of my other devices are upgrading to this new one, I think.