Amazon AppStore unable to install appsSupport

1. echristopherson

echristopherson Active Member

I am unable to install any app from Amazon's Appstore. It seems that everything I try to install (and this includes both things that I already had in Amazon's "cloud" and things I newly chose) downloads successfully but then it gets stalled in the "Installing..." phase (that is, on the "Cloud" screen that lists all the apps I've downloaded or purchased; if I tap on the specific app, it brings up a detail screen that shows "Install pending...").

I've tried clearing Appstore's data and even uninstalling and reinstalling it (I think I've done that three times now). If I don't at least clear the data, the app to be installed still shows up as "Installing..." each time I open Appstore.

I'm running the stock, unrooted ZTE 4.1.1 ROM.

Does anyone have any advice for me to get Appstore to work?

:confused:

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Look in Settings from the Home screen page for Security and make sure Unknown sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store is checked.
  3. echristopherson

Oh, I meant to mention that I did that. (I think it's required before you can install the Appstore itself.)
  4. survivalman

survivalman New Member

yeah I seem to have this same problem and it's driving me mad because all my games that cost money were purchased through the amazon appstore.
  5. echristopherson

I wonder if we should contact Amazon support. I've never dealt with them, so I'm not sure how responsive they are to things like this.
  6. pa_cap

pa_cap Well-Known Member

I will check my set up 'cause I think I did d/l previously acquired Clean Master now on Valet and 2 Android tablets. I am running an older version of the Amazon store app as I don't like bigger, less friendly recent versions (yes, I do get bugged to upgrade every time I open it and its a pain as I have to clean out the apk from a cache location).
    It is possible that I installed the Clean Master from a backup apk from App Backup and Restore folde on my pc so I'll check the version.

Update-Yes, my Amazon store app (ver 4.55.51.0C_546100010) and my account sync and I just d/LD Zombie Tsunami, one of the featured apps and games of today. Clean Master was copied from another of my androids but an available update shows along with the just installed Zombie game.
    echristopherson likes this.
  7. echristopherson

Luckily, I just realized I had a backup of Appstore from May 2013. I was able to install its apk on my phone and, sure enough, it works fine! It does however seem to stall out -- the download meter showed on the first app I tried, but for each additional app it never shows up. Appstore just finally pops up the install dialog when it's ready (and that takes a while to run, too).

The seeming stalling out of the downloads makes me wonder if maybe the same thing was happening with my newer version of Appstore, but the UI made it look like it was stalling in the installation phase rather than the download one.
    Capt Pete likes this.
  8. catapp

catapp Member

I had this problem on my LG Gpad. Found out one of my installed apps (from Google Play) -Screen Filter - was causing it. Had to turn off Screen Filter to get Amazon apps to install. Then turn it back on.
    So check that it may be one of your apps is the culprit.
  9. Capt Pete

Capt Pete Member

Installing an older version of Appstore worked for me too!
  10. echristopherson

I had hope that the seeming download stalling was just a badly-designed UI, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I decided to give newer versions of Appstore a shot again a week or so ago, but since then every time I open Appstore it still shows that it's trying to download the same app. It's been so many days, I don't think there's any chance it was ever going to finish. Now I have to track down my old version again, if I still have it.
  11. 2BitGary

2BitGary Member

I use es file explorer, but any should work. Once Amazon gets stuck on installing, browse to sdcard, Android, data, com.amazon.venezia,files,apks. There you will find what you just downloaded, tap and it should install no problem. Tried with two apps already, both were free or a free app of the day, no problems. I made the folder a favorite in es so I can get to it quickly.
  12. Williamb62

Williamb62 New Member

Thanks very much, I had the same problem. This solution worked great for me:)