1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Gold Box Widget: Pretty useful for Amazon addicts :) Good potential

Last Updated:

1. ladycarmichael

ladycarmichael New Member This Topic's Starter

For those of us who can't get enough of Amazon, this is a great way not to miss the Gold Box deal of the day. Saves you the having to go to the site just to see what's good today.

The Amazon Gold Box Widget is a pretty straight-forward app that allows you to receive the Deal of the Day directly on your home screen. If you see something you like, just click on the widget and it automatically opens the Amazon website in the browser for you to purchase the deal. And since it updates every day, you won't miss a special. Visually, one thing I didn't like was that the image of the item on sale can sometimes be bigger than the frame of the widget. It can look a little weird, especially if you have a dark background. For example, the image of today's special seen here in my first ever attempt of making a screenshot with my laptop cam:

[​IMG]

It'll be great once Amazon adds support for the lightning deals. Those are ones that you really don't want to miss, especially since they're only on for a couple of hours. Bottom line: a pretty good and useful widget for shopaholics with good potential.

Advertisement
  2. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I had this widget until I did a factory reset, now it doesn't show up in the market? I found it online and when I hit download it takes me to the market and says not found. Anyone know if it works with 2.2 OTA?