amazon htc desire shipment?

Last Updated:

1. sur444

sur444 New Member This Topic's Starter

amazon seem to be having problems with sim-free htc desire shipment. shipment has been delayed again! very dissapointed. all other retailers seem to have stock and are shipping what they have. why has amazon uk failed its customers?:(

Advertisement
  2. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Don't think it's just an Amazon problem. I was supposed to receive my Desire from Vodafone on Tuesday but I've been told its pushed back to next Tuesday, something about HTC missing shipments...

3. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

Amazon are OK normally however when I tried to order a micro sd card as you know its no bigger than a postage stamp they wanted 27Quid to deliver it to Spain somebody is having a laugh here so I ordered one from somewhere else for 01pence postage within the UK and got it sent to the brother in law he then put it in the post at a cost of just over a

4. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

I phoned up yesterday and signed up for a contract on Orange i said i wanted the Desire but they informed me i was literally minutes too late [​IMG] lol so they said they are gonna let me have a play with the Sony X10 and if i still want the Desire i just send the X10 back within 7 days of getting it and they will send me the Desire when they get them back.

Although they did say if i chose to keep the X10 my monthly bill would be

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

They wont let you trial the X10, and you'll be stuck with it. Reviews havent been overly good for the X10 due to Sony missing out some bits like multitouch.

Stand firm and demand a Desire.

6. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

? Yes they gave me a Reference number and made a note on my account they said i have a week to decide if i wanna keep the phone and if i don't i send it back before the week is up and they will send me the Desire.

Anyway if they refuse to let me swap i will end the contract which i will be able to do because its not even 14 days in.

Anyhow when the X10 gets the update their won't be much difference between the 2 phones apart from the X10 will still have a bigger screen and better camera.

And the desire will still have the advantage of flash in the browser and the Amoled screen.

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

14 days only applies to new contracts, not upgrades. ;)

8. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

yes exactly it is a new contract...

9. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

Have decided to keep the X10 now anyway. ;)