Amazon MP3 App doesn't work with wifi?

Last Updated:

1. shaidtan

shaidtan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed the Amazon MP3 App (the one that comes preinstalled with the phone) doesn't work if Wifi is turned on? I've tried it on two wifi networks (home and work) and I can't purchase or download if it's on.

I don't know if it matters, but both networks use WPA2. One is PSK and the other uses RADIUS authentication.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so does anyone know a fix?

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Are you able to surf the internet, use the facebook app, and use other apps that require a data connection on your wifi connections? If you haven't tried any of these, please try these first.

I haven't had any issues with this yet. In fact I just downloaded a few songs the other day with my home wifi using WPA2 AES. I'm thinking you might have a wifi issue as compared to an amazon mp3 issue. Maybe try a battery pull and see if that fixes it.

Kratos

3. shaidtan

shaidtan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Admittedly I don't use wifi very often, but it has worked with everything but the Amazon app.

The APs should be ok. One is WPA2 AES (RADIUS Authentication) and the other is WPA2 AES PSK.

Both are Cisco based and work with other devices as well as with the Droid with everything but the Amazon app.

I don't have anything to download but next time I do I'll reboot prior to purchasing/downloading.

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

That's the only thing that I can think of doing to try to correct this issue. I would say that if a battery pull doesn't work, you might take your phone to a Verizon store and let them look at it. There may be a software problem that they can fix for you.

Kratos