Amazon Mp3 Constantly RunningGeneral

Last Updated:

1. shaylih

shaylih Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running the new 2.1 leak and I've been noticing the Amazon Mp3 app is always running. I've never launched it and I keep having to manually kill it through running services. I'm also noticing Shop Savvy is having the same relaunch issue, but I can always uninstall that one, unfortunately unless we get root we're stuck w/ the amazon mp3. Is anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. ScarcelyAware

ScarcelyAware Well-Known Member

I have it but i dont consider it too much of an issue. My phone runs infinitely faster than it did on 1.5 regardless.

3. phan

phan Member

Have you tried removing it from startup with Startup Auditor? just a thought.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Luckily i rooted my phone a couple nights ago and decided to run the sense-able rom. One of its perks is that it removes alot of the deadweight apps like amazon mp3. I use itunes for my music purchases anyways.

5. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

Mine starts up on its own in a haphazard fashion. Sometimes it's running. Sometimes it's not.
    Another app that keeps starting on its own for me is the Google Maps "FriendsApp." That one is almost always running, and I can't figure out how to make it stop.

6. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Yes amazon mp3 is a native app to 2.1 an and will run in the background. You cannot delete this app unless your phone is rooted.

7. smacky

smacky Banned

That isn't the only one running. Download "Advanced Task Killer" and see what all is running. Footprints, Voice Dialer, etc. Robbing you of RAM. If your phone starts to lag, ATK will help stop these programs so they stop sapping power. If your phone isn't lagging, but the programs are still open, just let them be.

You're on 2.1, otherwise I'd have suggested rooting and then having these features removed.