Amazon MP3 now availible in the marketGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alecks2217

alecks2217 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was just browsing through the market on the Incredible and saw that Amazon's MP3 Store is now listed. It was lame that they excluded it in the first place, but I'm glad to see it has arrived. It's version 1.7.63, which I believe is an updated version that was released around the same time as froyo for the Nexus One. It's a pretty awesome app for those who like their music DRM free. :D

Amazon MP3 App:
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

wtf is that box thing i keep seeing and whats the hooplah with this amazon mp3 app

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

By box thing do you mean the QR Bar code? if so you, install bar code scanner or similar on the phone, and then scan the image, and it will take you to the website/market page of the product, so you can install it

4. alecks2217

alecks2217 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Haha well there isn't anything particularly special about the amazon mp3 app I guess other then the fact that it was excluded from the market on the incredible. It's nice to be able to legally buy music on the go. I personally dislike the proprietary file formats and copy protection used by other online rmusic retailers such as itunes.

As for the box you speak of, that's a QR code. You can scan them with your phone using google goggles or bar code scanner and they take you to a website, or in this case the android market. You can make qr codes for urls or any text really. Search for qr "code generator" on google and you can try it out yourself.

5. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this!

6. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

ugh, where the hell is the default destination for downloads? i just bought an album and downloaded it, yet i have -no- idea where it is, and i've looked using Linda Manager and ASTRO. can't find any of the 12 tracks i just downloaded :(

of course, the default media player sees the files, but DoubleTwist and bTunes don't. *sigh*

7. Bane

Bane Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

8. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's probably somewhere on the main hard drive. I believe that DoubleTwist can't read off the main drive like the stock player can.

9. goseminoles

goseminoles Member

You can find the mp3 downloaded to amazonmp3 folder on sd card if you are using the amazon mp3 app and Astro.

10. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Is it too hard to post a link or what? Just cooler to post a magic qr box than text huh?

Just giving you shit :)

11. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member

You can tell it to save to the sd card if you hit menu--->settings---> and then tell it to look for the sd card first.