1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Amazon MP3 won't save music files to SD Card

1. sjboyd81

sjboyd81 Member

When the HTC Incredible was first launched, it did not include the Amazon MP3 app. However, I was able to find it on the web and install it. At that time, it saved my music files to my SD Card, which is what I preferred as they were easy to back up.

Finally, Amazon MP3 was added to the Market Store for HTC Incredible users. I downloaded the updated version and now the program saves the music files to the internal storage and I can find no way to change this preference.

This creates issues because:

1. My files are less secure and if my phone crashes, they're gone. I want them on my SD Card.
    2. If they're on the SD Card, I can attach them to emails etc. I can't access them when they're saved on my internal storage unless I access the storage via USB connected to my computer.
    3. I want to use Winamp and it doesn't see files saved on the internal storage.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Can't you use a file manager to access your internal storage and move your mp3's to your preferred location?
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Are you sure it doesn't save the songs to the sd card? It maybe that you are using a file manager that can't find it? Try multiple file managers, as some are better than others in being able to see all files.

It doesn't make sense for Amazon to download MP3s to your phone's internal storage as that would eat up space real quick in the limited phone space.
  4. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

For me (on a moto droid 1) amazon mp3 stored on the SD card under a folder called amazonmp3.