• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Video Works

pauljr4205

Sep 2, 2010
Amazon Prime Instant Video is now working again on my Nexus 4.

It had not functioned since May and I don't know if its a change at Amazon or I bypassed something by tweaking settings.

I would like to have verification that it works for someone else.

I am using Dolphin Browser in desktop mode with pop-ups allowed and flash player always on.
Sideloaded Flash for Android from Adobe archives.

The only other change besides the browser is that I recently switched to StraightTalk and had to manually input the APN settings. Could this disguise the type of device.

Edit

I forgot to say that I think I that I had to delete a line of code in Dolphin to enable flash. That was a while ago and Amazon Prime Instant Video still didn't work then. I got instructions for that in the Nexus4 flash download forum.

Edit: no replies so far

I posted this because I was under the impression it wasn't working for anyone at all. I could not watch piv for some time and could not find a solution.
Please post replies. Did everyone know this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones