• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Wireless "Incredible" Service

mattekure

Jun 28, 2010
I just had a very interesting experience with Amazon wireless and had to share here.

I bought a Dinc on July 5th for my wifes birthday present (she loved mine) and despite all of the shortages, somehow it arrived at my house July 9th. A couple of days ago, my wife noticed that when she made a phone call, she could hear no sound at all. People on the other end could hear her fine, if she put speaker phone on so it played through the external speaker she could hear, but the small speaker by the ear had nothing. So, last night, 8/3 around 6:30pm EST, I call amazon wireless to ask about a replacement. I talked to the rep and explained the problem. He told me that they were completely out of stock and that they expected a new shipment in 2-4 weeks. He assured me that if they received enough in the next shipment that I would get one from it. I knew he couldnt really make such a promise, but whatever. He was very helpful and suggested that maybe a bluetooth headset or something like it could be used to get sound until the new Dinc arrived.

This morning, I got an email from Amazon Wireless saying that a Dinc had been shipped overnight delivery to me. today, 6:31p, almost exactly 24 hours after the initial call, the new Dinc is delivered to my front door. A quick call to verizon and my wife is now happily letting the new Dinc charge.

pardon the pun, but that was Incredible!!!

on an additional note, FWIW, while talking with the Verizon phone support tech guy, he mentioned that verizon was not taking phones back with this audio problem because it was supposed to be fixed in a coming software update. I inquired about the update and he indicated it was a known issue with some motorola and htc droids. He also said that a froyo update (I am not trying to start any rumors) had begun deployment in "certain areas" on 8/3. I am not sure I believe him as I havnt seen any hint of it on these boards, so take it for what you will.

I just had to say, I couldnt be happier with the service I received over the last 24 hours.

wow, considering all the shortages of phones, that's pretty awesome that they got a replacement out to you so quickly!!

Well Big V is finally getting mostly caught up on the backorders. Sitting on a 5 day wait now. That being said that is some awesome service you received. I always heard amazon was the shit when it came to returns and CS.

Upvote 0
everyone has AMOLED but you, i called verizon, and they told me they sent you the worst screen they have.

huh???
I was just wondering if they started shipping with lcd's yet. got my droid 2 months ago so it's obviously amoled. I switched to a captivate so I'm selling my droid inc soon so I was wondering if the amoled will be a selling point.

Upvote 0
huh???
I was just wondering if they started shipping with lcd's yet. got my droid 2 months ago so it's obviously amoled. I switched to a captivate so I'm selling my droid inc soon so I was wondering if the amoled will be a selling point.

no, you don't have AMOLED. I called verizon and they said out of all the phones they shipped you are the only person who got non-amoled screen.

if you took the time to read all the threads on the screens, you will see NO incredibles have gotten or are scheduled to get LCD screens.

Upvote 0
if you took the time to read all the threads on the screens, you will see NO incredibles have gotten or are scheduled to get LCD screens.
Well if they are going to ship lcd screens then someone has to be first so what's the harm in asking?

And where did you hear that htc doesn't plan to start shipping droid inc with lcd screens. There was a post yesterday on this website suggesting that droid incs with lcd screens are ready to be shipped so someone on the phandroid editor team is under the impression that super lcd screens are coming for the droid inc so am i wrong to think so? Fact is that the droid incredible hasn't been advertised on the verizon website for a couple weeks now to have an amoled screen so theoretically any new orders in the past couple weeks could be shipped with an lcd screen.
http://androidforums.com/android-news-talk/133231-htc-officially-announces-their-adoption-super-lcd.html

Is Verizon Back in Business With Droid Incredible Shipments? | Android Phone Fans

Why are so people so uptight on forums nowadays?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones