• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Wireless?

Italo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2010
Atlanta
I'm thinking about upgrading my phone, which is part of an AT&T family plan. I'm looking at the Galaxy S3, S4, and HTC One. All three phones are much cheaper on Amazon wireless.

Does anyone have experience buying from Amazon? Are there any fees, or policies I should be aware of? Am I better off just buying from the AT&T company store?

They have blacklists for cellphones reported lost or stolen. Buying from ATT will keep you off that list which kills the phone.

Sometimes the phones are international versions that of course are different under the hood.

Know whom you are buying from their return policies and know the product you are buying.

I think you are mistaking Amazon Wireless and Amazon marketplace.

Amazon Wireless is a service of Amazon and has the complete backing of Amazon. Your purchases are made through Amazon using your Amazon account.

Basically, Amazon is using their ability to sell in bulk to get users deals in their store that they have designed "to make shopping for wireless easier." You are choosing phones and plans from the major carriers. Amazon is the middle man and passing some of their buying in bulk savings they get on to you. It's a completely legit purchase of a carrier phone and contract through Amazon.

Upvote 0
There aren't any. They even waived my activation fees when I switched over to Sprint with my mom and sister so I literally only had to pay $0.03 that day. (They were having a penny sale then)

Just one thing from my experience, is that since I bought phones from Amazon, I didn't have warranty from Sprint. I don't know if AT&T will tell you the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones