1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Amber Alert Notification SoundSupport

1. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where this is located? Even though my phone is set to silent at night, an amber alert came through on full mega volume at 4:45am last morning and just about gave me a ******* heart attack.

Any info on the whereabouts of this notification would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

I'm not sure about the Evo, but on my Galaxy S2, you can go to the stock messaging app -> settings -> scroll down to Emergency Alert Settings and change it from there.
  3. mrawesome22

Think I got it.

/system/media/mms/kddi_earthquake_alert.mp3
  4. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Well-Known Member

There is a setting in the advanced menu, you can disable everything except presidential alerts
  5. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

WTF is a presidential alert?!? LOL

THE PRESIDENT IS COMING!! RUNN!! :p
  6. mrawesome22

I still wanted the alerts, just not the make you shit your pants sound.
  7. Ab5traktion

Ab5traktion Well-Known Member

What I understand is this is controlled by the carrier so you'll have to call Virgin to stop the notifications. This happened to me also.
  8. HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie Well-Known Member

I received about five Amber Alerts this afternoon, all about one abduction. I agree that the sound is bloody annoying, and it seems to take some doing to get the alert off my phone's screen and out of the messages, but I am more than a little reticent to block it or turn it off. After all, one could potentially spot the perpetrator if one knows what to look for, and if it saved a child's life, is not that worth the aggravating noise? Oops, number six just came in. I wonder why they have sent out so many about this one abduction???
  9. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Maybe you're a suspect. :D
  10. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

11. HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie Well-Known Member

I belled my carrier (MetroPCS) after receiving ten Amber Alerts over roughly a three hour period yesterday about the same abduction. MetroPCS told me they do not send out the alerts and could not tell me why so many were going out about the same incident. They advised I could turn off the alert on my LG Motion. I finally opted to turn it off for the rest of the day yesterday. Will turn it back on sometime today. Hopefully the authorities who send out the alerts will have corrected the problem by then.

The upshot is that it is not the carrier who sends the Amber Alerts. It is law enforcement who sends them, and if you wish, you can turn off the alerts. If you do not know how, your carrier can help walk you through it.
  12. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Moved to the main forum. :p
    OB
  13. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

I received those alerts also. At least 5 spread out over a whole day. Somewhere in Texas about a black Explorer SUV. I could not find a way to change/lower the sound but you can turn completely off in Messages app Advanced Settings as stated above.
  14. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

The latest update to PACRom has a option to shut them all off under Systen Settings >More>Cell broadcast