Amber Alerts.Support

1. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

How do you remove or edit Amber Alerts on the phone? I don't mind a notification because I want to be informed, but it keeps going off every 5 to 10 minutes.

Advertisement
    :
  2. martinez41613

martinez41613 Well-Known Member

3. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

That's horrible. I hope they can locate the baby.
  4. brachiopod

brachiopod Active Member

I've had the reverb for a few weeks, and have never gotten an alert of any kind. Is there some setting? Maybe we are just lucky and nothing is happening?
    ... reading up on it, it must be a service that you subscribe to, maybe there is one that won't send out so many duplicates.
  5. megachirops

megachirops Member

You can change the settings for Alerts (Amber, Severe, Extreme and Presidential) in the settings of the Messaging app.
    bethkay likes this.
  6. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

I'll check it out! Thank you.
  7. JediJDC777

JediJDC777 Member

Anybody else notice you can uncheck every emergency alert notification except "Presidential Alerts"?

Weird.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

They've been talking about making phones be required to receive Presidential Alerts, so, alert capable phones not having an off switch for those is sort of understandable.
  9. brachiopod

brachiopod Active Member

Yeah, if you ever get a Presidential alert we are all in big trouble anyway. Worrying about getting an annoying text is going to be the least of your problems.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That is an excellent point!!
  11. atdm4gospel

atdm4gospel New Member

Tap on your "Messaging" icon (for text messages); tap on the menue button on your keyboard or the phone bar; select "settings"; select "alerts"; then uncheck any box you don't want to be alerted about, e.g. Amber, Emergency, Extreme, etc.
  12. megachirops

megachirops Member

Underneath the "Emergency Alerts" setting there's also an "Alert Reminder" setting that can be set to Once, Every 2 mins, Every 15 mins or Off. It sounds like this is set?