• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Ambitions for first app - is it feasible

cormack12

Lurker
Dec 27, 2012
Hi,

I'm starting to get my feet wet with mobile programming and have dipped into Android. I have an idea for a first app that I want to sort of test but don't know if it's achieveable. Basically, I want to be able to log into a website (not owned by me), then use Curl to rearraneg the elements in a format more suitable for mobile devices/apps.

Is this possible, am I on the right lines and anyone have any useful reading material on the subject at all?

Thanks

First off, to install curl, (not sure if it is installed by default), the device would need to be rooted.

Assuming you got curl on there, you would still be limited to pages that are pure HTML (which are extremely rare now adays). Most websites have a database backend that is inaccessible by anyone but the DBAs and the content of that database is queried via javascript of PHP calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones