• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

America- The NEW Monkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tea Party should be up in arms literally over the Supreme Court ruling passing the Citizens United Ruling.

It pretty much ruled that a corporation has the same rights as a living person. How the F is that possible? It allows UNLIMITED amount of money to be donated towards Politicians and they do NOT have to disclose where it came from.

How is this a GOOD thing?

This is how I see it as a serious if not fatal problem.

Let's say I am China. I have LOTS of money. I want to control your country by preventing you from passing laws that will block anything I do on this planet. How do I do that? Easy, I pour LOTS of cash into fake campaign issues to get people I can manipulate or people that will do my bidding i.e. the Tea Party crackpots. The Politician gets their taste of "power" but really they do my bidding.

Can you see how you just lost control of your country.
Give it 10-15 years because they know the greed that is within and have seen how your previous Politicians get the people to vote against their personal and national interests. Ask yourself this, if that ruling was in place in 2006 might John McCain and Sarah Paling be running the US right now. China could easily dump $500 billion into their campaign and get them elected. They could make sings for every lawn, pay for 24 x 7 x 365 days of radio and tv advertising. Hell they could even do a Trojan move by getting John McCain to say he brokered a deal with the Chinese, so if he gets elected he has jobs ready to go and people would of course vote for him.

America is the monkey that dances for the organ grinder or in other words you live under the illusion of freedom and power.

I would have thought the Tea Party Republicans would have that as their #1 goal to repeal but I guess Gays in the Military are the bigger threat to you having a job or control of your country:rolleyes:

Discuss?

Apparently, you have not read the ruling. Before you start taking things to some nefarious and extremen "what if" region of space and time, try doing a little research.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
Since this whole thread is pretty much an insult, I'm going to go ahead and close it.

BTW, America is not a country. North America is a continent that is mainly comprised of Canada, The United States and Mexico. There is also South America that contains Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, The Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Make sure you are talking about the right place before you insult or defend it.;)

Reactions: Martimus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones