Support Amlogic S905X Gamepad drivers - need help installing

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by Emmescee, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Emmescee

Emmescee New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Male
    Jamaica
    Hello all,

I have an Android TV box with S905X CPU that I came to understand does not support gamepad controllers (I have an XBOX 360 and Logitech Rumblepad). Did some research and I know I need to manually install these drivers using "insmod", "ko files", "SManager", and something about mounting system as RW to copy over some files to system/usr/keylayout. Thing is, I have no idea what this all means. The Box is rooted and I have installed SManager but I don't know what I should do with it. I'm not sure if there is a thread here where this was resolved because I've never been to this site. I'm shopping around for a solution. A real step-by-step-any-idiot-can-do-this solution. This was copied from the readme

GAMEPADS SUPPORT FOR MXQ TV BOX

Quick setup :

. Unzip to the root directory of your sdcard (/sdcard).
    . Download the SManager app on the Google market and make the file modules_launcher.sh to be boot/root
    . Modify the modules_launcher.sh files and add insmod for your own modules (look in the modules subdir).
    . Remount system partition RW : mount -o rw,remount,rw /system and copy all kl files from the keylayout
    directory to the /system/usr/keylayout
    . reboot your device and check the log file

The objective is to get the Controllers to work on my TV Box for Console-like gameplay (I'm talking Modern Combat 5 and Asphalt 8).

Advertisement
  2. Omans009

Omans009 New Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Male
    Did you find any help yet for this? I'm stuck at same situation

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好
    Guide

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Have a look on YouTube, might be video showing you what to do.

4. Omans009

Omans009 New Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Male
    I found out how to do it. But my problem is my box is different kernel with s912.

5. Omans009

Omans009 New Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Male
    I flashed my m9s pro box to newest firmware and it worked. My new box yoka kb2 pro box had no issues with wireless controller

mikedt likes this.