amoled broken.. any way to backup and wipe before sending to repair?

Last Updated:

1. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

>>amoled broken.. any way to backup and wipe before sending to repair?

i can't see anything on the screen so i can't get the phone to connect to USB.

googled around and could not find anything. i need to backup and delete contacts and other sensitive data before sending the phone in. thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Do you have a custom recovery? If you should should be able to use ADB to perform a backup. Just have to work blind to get into it (boot into HBOOT (power on with Vol- held) press Vol- once, then power to select)

Code (Text):
    1. nandroid-mobile.sh backup
    As for the wipe, you might be able to use fastboot to do it, although I'm not sure if you need an unlocked bootloader to manage it:

Code (Text):
    1. fastboot erase userdata
    2. fastboot erase cache

3. outoffocus

The phone is not rooted so no custom recovery. Tried going blind to get to the USB dialog but doing the pin code and then figuring out my slider pattern AND then enabling USB tether has not worked for me.. for once I wish I had haptic feedback turned on!

Any other ideas? I found a local repair guy so I think I'm ok going in with the data still on the phone, but would rather be safe than sorry.

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

To be honest buddy, unless you can manage to get USB debugging enabled via a bit of luck, you're likely to be up shit creek :(

5. outoffocus

they gave me an HTC windows mobile as a temp phone in the store. played with it for 10 minutes and gave it back in exchange for an old trusty nokia. damn i miss my N1.

6. outoffocus

Got jacked.. 180 euro and all they did was replace my cracked Amoled with an SLCD... the blacks and gradients on the SLCD are awful. I was told the cover glass came together with the amoled. Mine is a little scratched so that would have been worth the extra $$. I had gone online to look around and found out after I prepaid that the front glass and the amoled are completely separate. My prepaid receipt just stated repair screen... so I could not go after them for not swapping my front glass. Anyways rant over. Very happy to have the phone back but it is not the same without the amoled.

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

ouch and that's an expensive repair :( On the bright side of SLCD...it's supposedly give you better battery life and you can see the screen better in the sunlight!