• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMPE A10 QUADCORE - Looks really good!

Fernandisko

Lurker
Sep 15, 2012
Hi, today I found this new tablet PC. Please, you think this is really NEW version of A10 and the CPU is Freescale i.MX6Q QUADCORE.

Some good websites are talking today about this AMPE tablet PC, I'm sorry, as a new member I can not post links and pics.

These are some of the characteristics:

Model: Ampe A10 Quad Core
CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q Quad-Core, 1.2 GHz; Mali 400 GPU
Screen Size: 10.1 inch IPS HD Screen (16:10); 1280 x 800px
Touch Screen: Capacitive 10 Points Multi-Touch Screen
Shell Material: Metal Housing
Memory: 1GB DDR3, 64-bits data bus interface
Storage: NAND Flash 16GB

I saw first info on Liliputing and Asia Pads and I think it's the new generation of china Tablet PC

Well, first picture:

AMPE-A10-Quad-Core.jpg

Upvote 0
Probably won't be particularly brilliant, if it's anything like some other Ampe products.

It's a cheap Chinese Android tablet, you get what you pay for. I have an A76, has lousy battery life(2 hours), mediocre screen, fluky wifi, buggy software, and doesn't work with 3G USB modems, even though it's supposed to. The store where I bought mine had two other Ampe tablets, one was DOA and the other had a faulty touch screen, so apparently Ampe's QA is poor or non-existant.

If anyone is considering buying one of these from Ebay or a Chinese wholesaler, it's caveat emptor.

Upvote 0
I just got this in the mail today so ask questions. So far, I am not happy with market compatibility. Most apps dont show up.

That sounds about right for off-brand cheap Chinese tablets. Because there's just so many of these things, all different, devs are unable to test their apps with them most of them, unknown specs, etc, so they're tagged as incompatible. Unlike mainstream devices, such as Samsung or Asus.

No root yet.

Root maybe possible, in fact quite a few Chinese devices are already rooted. My Ampe A76 was already rooted. However if you've got one that isn't rooted, it's rather pot-luck whether your particular tablet can be rooted with a tool like SuperOneClick. There's also a risk of bricking your device as well, if you try a rooting method that isn't suitable.

Upvote 0
That sounds about right for off-brand cheap Chinese tablets. Because there's just so many of these things, all different, devs are unable to test their apps with them most of them, unknown specs, etc, so they're tagged as incompatible. Unlike mainstream devices, such as Samsung or Asus.

Root maybe possible, in fact quite a few Chinese devices are already rooted. My Ampe A76 was already rooted. However if you've got one that isn't rooted, it's rather pot-luck whether your particular tablet can be rooted with a tool like SuperOneClick. There's also a risk of bricking your device as well, if you try a rooting method that isn't suitable.

Yea. the Sanei N10 firmware is already root so I flash mine to that.
I did a mini review plus benchmark.
http://www.cheapnycnotebooks.net/Wor...mx6-benchmark/
http://www.cheapnycnotebooks.net/Wor...et-first-look/

CF-Bench: 9988

NenaMark2 v2.4: 38.5fps

Vellamo: HTML5 1063 Metal 317

Linpack MT: 105.549

Antutu: 8955

Quadrant : 3947

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones