Amzer Luxe Argyle cases VS Luxmo Crystal Skin Checker casesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have any experience with Luxmo Crystal Skin Checker cases? It appears that it is the same exact case as the Amzer Luxe Argyle cases.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Amzer and Luxmo outsource the production of these cases (aka they hire the same company to make these cases for them). The other possibility is that Amzer and Luxmo are owned by the same parent company, and basically just produce the same products to feign competition (although that may be illegal... I dunno).

Has anyone ever used one of these Luxmo cases? Can anyone compare them to the Amzer cases? The reason I ask, is I found several sellers on eBay offering these Luxmo cases for a few bucks less than the Amzer cases. You won't see them branded "Luxmo", but here is an email response from the seller "monsteraccessory".

Advertisement
  2. kwest12

For those of you to lazy to click the links in my first post (read as "like me"), here are pictures of the cases in question.

Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case - Clear for Motorola Droid X MB810:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Luxmo Motorola Droid X MB810 Crystal Skin - Clear Checker Design:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

Well, I've got the Amzer Luxe Argyle case and like it so far. What's the price difference? If it's only a few bucks, I'd go with the established name. If it's like $5-$10 overall in terms of the total price including shipping and whatnot, then I'd take a hard look at the cheaper one.

4. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if they outsource, Amzer is owned by a large company (Moftware) that is internationally based, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to suspect they utilize outsourcing.

All I know is, I canceled my order through Fommy.com after I kept receiving delay after delay on the Argyle case. It took me nearly 30 minutes on the phone with CS to cancel the order, not to mention the agent was beyond rude. Try eBay...

5. kwest12

Good call, that's the smart play I suppose.

Yeah I saw that you had mentioned that in another thread. I'm glad I saw it bc it probably saved me a significant amount of time poking around at Fommy. Thanks :)

6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I just got mine off ebay yesterday. It's a Luxmo (smoke argyle), but the ebay ad doesn't tell you the brand. I never used Amzer, so I can't say if it's the same, but I can't see a difference based on pics I've seen. Cost me $8 + tax. On Luxmo's site, they are $15!! Amzer's are $10, plus $5 shipping.
    :D

7. dyno

dyno Well-Known Member

8. kwest12

After doing quite bit of digging, conferring with forum members and discussing things with a few eBay sellers, it appears that there is no difference between the Luxmo and Amzer cases.

If you want this style case, I would leave brand names out of your consideration (any that are unlisted brand on eBay are most likely Luxmo btw) and just use price and seller reliability to make your choice. See the thread above for a good seller recommendation on eBay.

9. Sheba611

Sheba611 Well-Known Member

I bought 2 of the Luxmo cases on Amazon (smoke and purple) and they look the same as the Amzer cases. There is nothing on the case itself with the brand name. Only the package had Luxmo on it. The only reason I bought the Luxmo because the Amzer cases were not in stock. Fommy.com is showing stock for most of the colors of the Argyle and for the regular silicone Amzer cases.

10. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Aye, I just got my Luxmo based Argyle case from a seller on eBay a few days ago, and I love it. If you don't mind the wait as they ship from Hong Kong, I only paid $4.45.

eBay Seller Mahmart - eBay My World - mahmart

11. evo678

evo678 Well-Known Member

12. DreamBen

DreamBen New Member

Hey guys. Thanks a lot to the OP for starting this thread. I was at the mall the other day and found a stand selling these and he actually had both and I was confused about that but he had the Luxmo one for a bit more than the Amzer. Regardless, I didn't buy from him since I figured I'd come and see if I could get it for a better price online...which is how I found this...although I've been browsing these forums for a few months already haha.

Anyways, I ended up ordering the Luxmo one straight from their site (luxmo.com) because well I usually rather buy straight from the origination rather than from hand-downs...and I found a coupon! I forget which coupon site had it but I found "DROIDX5OFF" and got $5 off. And, funny thing, to validate reasons why I go straight to the originations, when I purchased my case they sent me a coupon code for the Micro HDMI cable (50% OFF)...which ironic as it is, is what I've been meaning to get for quite a while now! Anyways, as far as I'm concerned I'm very happy with the Luxmo one and their whole customer experience...although I haven't tried the Amzer...it does look identical though.

Oh and quick note: I just noticed the coupon is only valid for the first 50 uses. I guess hurry since I already used it and sent someone else too.

Hope this helps someone.