• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An Android User. Finally.

medicX

Oct 3, 2009
First, I wanna say hello to all. I was here about a year ago when I thought that I was getting the Hero... I was gung-ho (spelling) about the Hero before it came out, and watched and read every review on it... When I got the chance to play with it, I was very disappointed. I also posted my opinions on here and...kinda got flamed. I did read my posts recently, that I had left then, and, I gotta say they were kinda whiny.:eek: Sorry.

I ended up going with the Palm Pre back then. I don't regret it either. Yeah, the hardware is crap, but the "idea" of the OS is great. Moving on...:D

So, SHORT STORY, LONG... My wife and I had been looking at the iPhone 4, and almost convincing ourselves that we "needed" it. Not worth the money. Not worth switching services and early term fees, Sprint has been good to us for at least 6 yrs, and I think they are promising, not to mention the great prices.

I broke down and bought the EVO yesterday. In fact, we have been so eagerly anticipating this, that we ordered our cases prior to (haven't received it yet). I got mine from BB (first time buying a device from there, but a good experience) and am thinking about getting their protection plan vs the Sprint one. I love this phone! I was so scared of breaking it before it got protected, that I had them turn back on my Pre until the case and screen protectors get here (HTC vertical Messenger pouch + Steinheil UC).

I can tell, it is gonna take some getting used to not "swiping" things back and forth, and up and down, but this phone is responsive and matching that with the UI and OS... well, you guys already know:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones