1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

An app for copying files from my networked PC?

Last Updated:

1. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'd like to be able to copy files from a PC on my wireless network, to my SD card, without having to connect my phone (HTC Hero) to my laptop via a cable.

I've found Estrongs' ES File Explorer, but I can't manage to get the connection setup via the "add server" thing. No matter what settings I put in there, it just denies that the server exists. I've read the FAQs on their website, but I can't see anything to help.

Are there any other apps or ways that I can use to copy files from my PC wirelessly?

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

I use DropBox. While there is no client yet for Android, you can go to the web interface on the Android. Note that this works only for copying files *to* the Android. Once I've got it on the SD Card (in the downloads folder), I use Astro to move it where I want it.

jd

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

They have just created an iphone app, and android is next on their list so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I installed an app called bluetooth file transfer and it worked great.... once. I can't seem to get it to work again since then and am not sure why Android doesn't just allow for pairing and transfers as a mass storage device. Seems to me Nokia has had this figured out for years now. You pair it and then in My Computer is a little icon of your phone next to your HDDs and USB storage devices. Click that and you can manage files just as if it were a HDD connected to the PC via USB or SATA.

5. estrongs

estrongs Member

Sorry for poor help docs, We have updated it in new version.
    If you still have problems, send mail to contact [<AT>] estrongs.com