An App for Keeping Tabs, er Spying???Support

Last Updated:

1. jleelindsay

jleelindsay New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of any app or software that I could install on my employees phones that would allow me to monitor their phone usage (specifically their internet and downloading usage)? They all have Incredibles. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

If you're the account holder, simply log into My Verizon and you can check each line's usage there.

3. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Do they use phone after business hours for business?

4. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

do yourself a favor. don't pursue this.

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

This.

And even if you are not the account holder, if you are their manager you should be able to request this information from you billing department or even your IT department.

6. gobluejd

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Plus, even if there was one and you were not the account holder.. There is NO WAY they'd let you do that unless they just left their phone laying around.. :rolleyes:

8. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Ever heard of privacy? I mean if you don't want them using the internet or something, they shouldn't have incredible, Would be much cheaper to get a bunch of dumb phones that do nothing...

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

If they have signed an agreement that they are business phones to only be used for business, you have every right to track them and monitor their usage. However, if you don't have something in writing, the employees could say they had an assumption of privacy and sue you for an awful lot is money.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

10. jleelindsay

jleelindsay New Member This Topic's Starter

So in short, it sounds like the answer is no. I have spector pro on all of the business computers because of a problem we had with a couple previous employees. Everyone knows monitoring software is installed on the computers and now they tend to stay pretty focused. Was hoping for something like that with the phones.

....And privacy is fantastic, and what they do when I'm not paying them is their business, but when I'm paying them, it's my business (literally) and I like to know what I'm paying them for. I don't think that's too unreasonable.

11. gobluejd

Nice post.

I agree if their phone is used only during company hours and left at work. If they are allowed to bring it home, expected to take calls, reply to emails etc. Then you have a little problem, unless of course they are paid for that time, after hours. Either way sounds like allot of work to track paid and unpaid time, let alone what their doing with phone off company time.

12. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I think it really boils down to whether it's a company provided phone or not. If it's a company provided phone then I think he has the right to see what they're doing on said phone 24/7. My company gives me the option to either use my own phone (which they re-imburse me for) or take a company provided phone. I use my own phone because I don't have to worry that the company will choose a phone I don't like or that they will monitor who I'm calling, how I'm using the phone, etc..... They have the right to do all of that because it's their phone. I work for companies who provide laptops to some of their employees and these employees take them home. The companies sometimes ask me to look at these laptops and tell them what websites these people are visiting while they're at home or after hours. I have no issues giving them this information. Now, if they asked me to get into an employee's personal computer and give them that information I would not do it.

13. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Oh don;t get me wrong I also agree with you, but this is why most company's get things like BB or dumb phones, so they can make calls send emails/msgs and they don't have to worry about over crap ya know

14. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Hire the right people and show them respect and you wont need to go Big Brother on them.

The real question is, are they getting the job done. If so, why would you care? If not, why does it matter why they are not getting it done, just warn them and make them get the job done.

All the information you should need would be available on your bill/my verizon.

JMHO