• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

an app for streaming music (any music)

liquidmonkey

Jun 18, 2010
i'm looking for a music streaming app.
one that goes from my PC to my DESIRE over wifi or blue tooth.

if the app can let me skip forward or back a track, thats a bonus.

have looked at mspot, orblive and subsonic but none are really free and have a bunch more options that i don't really want.

any ideas? and it needs to be free ;)

Try audiogalaxy. You download an application first to your PC. That application looks for music on your PC and downloads it to a website. You then download an application to your phone. When you sign on, the application will stream music that you have on your PC to your phone. Easy to set up and it is free with no GB limit. Now the downside. You have to always have your computer on in order to access the music. You have to use 3g or Wi-Fi, which sometimes drains your battery. Organization is not the best, which I think is the biggest complaint. Often albums are broken up into multiple entries for each artist on the album. But it is cool to be able to play any song that is part of your home collection without using up the memory on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones