• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An app that stores web pages?

grega

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Hello all, I'm new on here. I own a G2 Touch (i.e. Hero) with 2.1 installed. I have spent ages trying to find an app that lets me upload selected web pages in advance, so that I can read them at my leisure without needing an internet connection. This is mainly because I spend a lot of time using my phone on the underground when commuting to work, but would also be useful when I am flying.

I can't seem to find such a thing, is anyone aware of a such a thing. Ideally I want one which knows my page preferences in advance and synchronises without the need for manual input. There used to be a website called avantgo which did this (in a more cursory form) for pdas, but they disappeared a few years ago and I haven't tracked down an android equivalent.

Thanks in advance

Greg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones