An app to find and control your lost phone AFTER you lose it

1. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Android Lost is similar to previously mentioned Plan B, but Plan B only works for Android 2.0 to 2.3 and is dedicated to simply locating your missing phone. Android Lost, as the video above shows, not only locates by GPS (or network), but can also remotely wipe or lock your phone, take pictures, send message popups, get call lists, erase the SD card, record sound from the microphone, start an alarm, and much more

Advertisement
    :
    funkylogik likes this.
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I always keep Android Lost installed. Its a great app to install and forget about :thumbup:
  3. brownchm

brownchm Well-Known Member

How is it compared to Cerberus
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I use avast anti theft. I like that it has root abilities.

I uninstall the antivirus part of the app after setting up the anti theft
  5. brownchm

I have Avast and Cerberus
  6. funkylogik

Tbh i have no idea lol. Ive never tested it. I keep forgetting to install cerberus. I hear nothing but good things about it.
    I agree with Rxpert about not wanting "antivirus" apps bogging my phone down
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Thing about this app is it is reactive. You can install it on your phone AFTER you lost it (provided the power is on, etc)

Cerberus, etc are all proactive and installed before you lose it.
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Yeah, the only thing is that every phone thief (my town is full of them) the 1st thing they do is throw your sim away. So theres no internet access on the phone until another sim is put in, has a data allowance, has the correct APN put in so would the play store still be able to push the app to the phone?
  9. brownchm

It was free like two or three days ago from appgratis
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. brownchm

Avast protects you from that because one of the things it does is makes people unable to to use your phone once they try to insert an unfamiliar sim.
    Rxpert83 and funkylogik like this.
  11. funkylogik

But if the phone is unusable, a thief will throw it away.
    I think its best for a stolen phone to be usable after its been stolen, just have a few sensetive apps locked down and have the thief think theyve won meanwhile their calls, texts and location are being sent to me without them knowing until im on their doorstep :)