• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An App To Hide Home Icons?

You could also try using Widget Locker to do this. In effect, having a blank screen (except for a small unlock icon) be your lock screen.

Otherwise, I'm with Hawk.

I'm not sure why you would want to have to 1) turn on the phone 2) unlock 3) tap on a blank screen, all before you even get to use your phone for anything. That would be very annoying.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking he leaves his phone in a dock at work or something and has it set not to sleep while plugged in. Therefore I was thinking the exact same thing Hawk mentioned. Just leave your main home screen completely blank and put your apps on the others. If you've filled all your home screens up and don't have room to do this then I suggest getting 'Go Launcher' as your home launcher. You can have up to 30 home screens with Go Launcher.

I'm guessing you won't run out of room with that many available.

Upvote 0
Since I started using LauncherPro, I've been able to keep my main screen much cleaner. And Beautiful Widgets has a downloadable clock skin with the clock digits as outlines only (plus you can make the clock background invisible). It's a good combination on those occasions when I feel like running a live wallpaper.

PS. NakedDroidSeeThru is the clock skin I was thinking of. With that and some monochrome LauncherPro icons with no dock background, my live wallpapers look great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones