• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An App to play streamed .asx files(Knbr.com radio show)

Zappcatt

May 9, 2010
i would love a native app on Android(hopefully 1.5 Backflip user here) which can natively play streamed .asx files.

My local sports radio station KNBR(home of the SF Giants/SF 49ers) streams their shows live using .asx.

I have seen yourmuzic.fm which can listen to radio stations which are transcoded to a Flash based mode, but we don't have Flash yet.

Thanks

i would love a native app on Android(hopefully 1.5 Backflip user here) which can natively play streamed .asx files.

My local sports radio station KNBR(home of the SF Giants/SF 49ers) streams their shows live using .asx.

I have seen yourmuzic.fm which can listen to radio stations which are transcoded to a Flash based mode, but we don't have Flash yet.

Thanks

There is now an app called "A Online Radio" by aor.leadapps. I searched for "aor" in the marketplace and it was the first result. This will let you listen to asx files. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones