• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An app to tell when I'm using data?

Hey All,

I signed up for RedPocket and I had the $30 plan with 100MB of data. Well it seemed like I didn't even do any web surfing or use data hardly at all and all of a sudden they tell me I'm out of data.
So I've just switched to T-Mo. Anyway, I know I could just shut off the mobile data and then turn it back on whenever I want to use it, but I was hoping there might be an app that would tell me when a program is accessing the web, or using data in the background. Anyone know of some 'watch-dog' type app that will clue me whenever the phone is burning up data??
Tnx for any replies!

radio

Yeah, I know I can just turn off the data but I figured it'd be cool to know which app was the sneaky data hog. I see there are a big bunch of 'watchdog' apps; I just have to pick out the one that gives the info I'm looking for. I'm running 4.4.2 so I hve that graph as well. Also I don't want to hve to turn on and off the mobile data every time I leave or enter a wifi... just lazy I guess.

radio

Upvote 0
I thought you said you need an app to know how much data you're using not which app is using the data. Never mind.

Tmobile have an app that show how much voice, text & data you are using. You have to download it, unless you got the phone from them. At least I had to download it.

Yeah thanks, I just found that on GP earlier this evening. Won't point to which apps but good info.

r

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones