An easy way to dialSupport

Last Updated:

1. NeedaClue

NeedaClue Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an easy was to dial contacts from the Phone keypad? On my old phone, when I started dialing the numbers on the dial pad, it would start giving me suggestions from my contact list. The Driod does not seem to do that.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

Download SuperDial from the Market. It does what you are looking for.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way to do this by default from the dialer. If you use the normal search from the homscreen, it will give you suggestions based on name, but for whatever reason it doesn't give me any based on phone number. I haven't tried SuperDial yet, but I've heard good things, and it probably has the functionality you need. If not, hey, the 24 hour trial period is always there for ya :)

4. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Technically......I don't think this is the answer you want. But what Google envisions you doing is something similar....except you don't go to the phone app first.

Just start typing the contacts name on the hard or soft keyboard and it should bring up a list of matches as you do.......contacts included. Click the contact to dial.

That's the whole idea of 'universal search'. It's not what people are used to....but I think it works well.

Or....you can use Superdial :)

5. vincentp

It does work nicely, and I've gotten quite used to it. It was great to know that I could do this from my homescreen, because on my Curve I was used to just picking up the phone and starting to type a name, and matching contacts would pop up. I really missed this until I realized you could do the same thing on the Droid.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to work with numbers, only names.

6. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

you actually know peoples' numbers? :p

7. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

I just keep my phone icon going to favorites. it brings up the last seven #'s on the first screen. one touch to call from there. I also use a shortcut for a couple #'s I use the most.. one click dialing.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

:D werd! :D

I have over 600 phone numbers and I probably only know less than 20 of them. I really like the Google search bar for that feature alone. Voice Dialer doesn't suck either. :cool:

9. vincentp

I've actually found that the voice dialer is pretty damn good.

10. kramerica

kramerica Well-Known Member

How do you do that? Is it possible to hit phone icon and go directly to call log?