an error has occured! unable to contact downloads server http://downloads.droidmod.org/updater.xml

Last Updated:

1. ManaSpryte

ManaSpryte New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I was trying to root my droid and everything was going fine until my DM updater gave me this error "an error has occured! unable to contact downloads server http://downloads.droidmod.org/updater.xml". I'm good on my phone and computers, But I cant figure this one out. I've tried going to the droid-mod website and it seems to be down. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or am I getting this error because the site is down. Thanks in advance

ManaSpryte

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

dmupdater no longer works. you will need to follow the tutorials in the sticky thread to root.

ManaSpryte likes this.
  3. rsmcjr

rsmcjr New Member

i was trying to get to the droidmod forum and it appears that it is down....not sure what's going on.

4. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

people were getting tired of waiting 8 months for a new rom so they went under, thats my guess.

5. ManaSpryte

ManaSpryte New Member This Topic's Starter

I was guessing the same thing... thanks for all the help guys. I rooted it and now I'm trying to see all the goodies it has to offer. Does anyone know of an EOEappInstaller that works with froyo?

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i think linda file manager has one built in and it is free on the market.