An idea for great battery life

Last Updated:

1. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So we all know about calibrating the battery, being fully charged when flashing rom, etc, but I had some ideas after reading through the forums.

batterystats.bin is what holds the statistics for the battery and thus the data used by Android to calculate battery life. So if you are having great battery life, why not backup the batterystats.bin file? Why start over and lose all that data?

This and coupled with this extream technique I read on a post somewhere here where a user fully drained the battery. Ran phone till dead, and kept trying to power on phone till it wouldn't anymore, pull/replace battery, charge while off, then pull/replace battery, then turn back on. I think I'm missing part of it, I remembered they said the phone thought it was full charged, but found it really was only partially charged and with this was able to really get 100% charged.

Just an idea that came out after reading all these posts.

Advertisement
  2. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member

hmm... Don't know if that's possible, but I like the idea!

3. NeoAndroid

NeoAndroid Well-Known Member

hmmm, sounds plausible. i've deleted batterystats.bin myself before through ADB. I don't see why we can't push the same file back from someone having great battery life. i get 12-15 of heavy use.

4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Not sure that would help you much, as the batterystats.bin is Calculated on the battery.

For whoever that wants to try my batterystats.bin, I get Roughly 50hrs per charge.
    batterystats.bin

adb push ( File ) /data/system

Let use Know the Results please :D

thugjedi91 likes this.
  5. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I may try this over the weekend, it can't hurt my 8 hours of battrery life.

6. thugjedi91

thugjedi91 Well-Known Member

it definitely helps before this i got roughly 7 hours from a full charge using warheads since this morning i am at 15 hours 17 minutes and i am now at 22 percent this is coming from a guy who never got better than 9 hours since i bought the phone definitely would recommend this

7. NeoAndroid

NeoAndroid Well-Known Member

A fluke? it helped mine too. First thing I noticed is that at the end of my battery life, it says I have a minute left. Well, 2 hours later it finally died. If my math is right, I just gained 2 hours. I'll cycle my battery some more and see the final outcome.

8. wscottstephensjr

wscottstephensjr New Member

can anyone how to this adb push? i keep getting adb help line

9. ernieg92

ernieg92 Member

Does anyone know if this file is necessary for the Factory Stock 1.6 w/Twiz ROM? It says "- Long battery life" under the details for the ROM; I'm wondering if BH_MAN already included the file.

10. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

I've discovered a couple of culprits on BH2 that cause the phone to keep from entering sleep. As a matter of course, I have my screen lock timeout set to 30 seconds. I also have background data turned off, and all auto-sync's disabled.

Apps you should watch out for....

0. If you're not using WiFi. Don't just turn it off, Kill the APP itself.

1. Android Market itself. If the app isn't terminated, I was unable to get the 2nd part of this to work.

Which leads me to....

2. Dialer...the Dialer has some weird behavior in that even after ending a call...if you either lock the phone directly or let it shut off the screen ; it's still isn't in sleep mode. You're not looking to kill it. You're looking to quiesce it's operation.

The way I found around this involved having ASTRO installed, and killing Android Market. Then if you hit the Lock, and are still able to get the phone to respond if you hit the MENU key ( i.e. the keypad lights up and the screen, though locked, still comes on ), then your phone hasn't entered sleep mode and you will be burning through battery.

Now as wild as this is going to sound.....after exiting the dialer, hit the BACK button 2-3 ( maybe even 4 times, I swear to you, it actually varies ), and then hit the LOCK button.

If you click MENU and the keypad doesn't light up, congratulations, you BH2 is now in sleep mode....carry on.

If it hasn't done the trick, check with ASTRO, to make sure the system hasn't launched either 0 or 1 again. Then repeat the steps with the back button once more.

I'm still trying to refine where in all this, the phone finally realizes you want it to sleep, and clears whatever hurdle internally had been keeping it from doing it.

I hope this helps, if you've been having issues with the battery.

11. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

I used BH_MAN's battery.bin went from 24 to 36 hours

12. Troll_1988

Troll_1988 Active Member

When i use this do i need my phone to be in download mode? Or do i just do it when i plug it into the usb whether its on or not?

13. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

just plug it in, assuming you have the right driver. The phone needs to be on.

14. rakem

rakem Member

Would this work on a Galaxy S?
    My Battery is draining by 10% every hour after I flashed.
    I have tried all the battery tricks but nothing seems to work, so i want to give this one a shot

15. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

try asking for someone who have good battery life on the galaxy fourms to post their batterystats.bin file and see if it will work there.

16. rakem

rakem Member

So would the batterystats.bin file from this phone be different to the galaxy s?

I will make the post however.

17. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

yea it probably is different. why take chances

18. psz

psz Well-Known Member

General rule of thumb: Never use phone-specific system files from one type of phone on another.

Even though they both say Samsung, the Behold II and Vibrant are completely and totally different machines.

suyash1 likes this.
  19. #1indahoodg

#1indahoodg Well-Known Member

Do not use a Taskkiller app I'm been off using a taskkiller app for a couple of days and been seeing 24 to 30 hours of battery life from a single charge. I'm using a custom ROM from BHMAN called Take5 with the new baseband from the 1.6 OTA and you know that the ROM is rooted already so I'm using a app called autokiller which uses the internal android settings for killig off apps and freeing up memory. Autokiller has many presets to set it to on user preference, and it works great for rooted phones.

20. baramov

baramov Member

Can anyone give me a full guide how to push it,what software i need or what and where i input the commands please... i`m a little newbiie in this :) thanks in advance :) btw,my batt life now is like 9-10 hours :(
    Apparently the problem was my driver,well I did it but nothing seems to be changed with BHMANS batterystats.bin :(:(:(

21. Coldflid

Coldflid New Member

So does someone have batterystats.bin for galaxy s?
    I'd really appreciate it if someone had it.
    Btw i'm new, this looks like a great forum :=)

22. pandorazboxx

pandorazboxx Member

you should try the galaxy S forums

23. virusbetax

virusbetax Well-Known Member

wow when i replced it by battery life increased by like 10 hours!

thanks for the helful thread!