• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An "Incredible" Story

mrootes

May 2, 2010
This is so awesome.

This summer I was flying my RC airplane. I wanted to get some high altitude video so I strapped my DINC to the bottom of the plane.

After flying around at a high altitude for a while, my plane got too far away and I lost control with my transmitter. It proceeded to fly away and crash somewhere in a cornfield.

Having NO CLUE how to find my expensive plane and my beloved DINC, I ran home and activated LOOKOUT which was installed on my phone. It showed me on google maps where the plane was along with the coordinates.

I called my buddy who has a geocaching app on his phone.We put in the coordinates, drove to the cornfield, parked on the side of the road and walked into the cornfield, following the instructions of his phone.

We found the plane/DINC - both were fine, and the phone was within 5 feet of the posted coordinates! Without the app, there's NO WAY I would have found the plane/phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones