1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

An interesting one... No Launcher.Support

1. 89XJ

89XJ Active Member

I bought a droid x cause my commando sucked, I unrooted my commando and did a data reset. I now do not have a launcher or home screen. Is there a way I can push something like GOlauncher to it through ADB, or is it screwed?
    I would need a pretty good writeup if that is possible.

If its screwed, its not that big of a deal, was just keeping it around for an extra anyway.

Pics coming as soon as I find a working camera.

Advertisement
  2. 89XJ

89XJ Active Member

Hold Home, Get "no recent applications"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the pics suck, but its the best I can do for now.
  3. mhrf90

mhrf90 Well-Known Member

Hey, man! I have the same problem. Did you fix yours?
  4. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

If you use adb, get the .APK file for a launcher (go launder, launcher pro, zeam, ect) and put it in the directory that your adb is running in. Then use "adb install whateverlauncherthatyouhave.APK"
  5. mhrf90

mhrf90 Well-Known Member

Hi, Spike. Does the phone need to be on debugging mode for this to work? Remember we can't turn that on, there's no way for us to get to the phone settings :(
  6. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

When you plug you phone into USB, can you pull down the status bar to...... Never mind, that's only to change USB mode. Is there any way to get into settings?
  7. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Did you install a custom recovery? (i.e. Gnm's over in the all things root thread)
  8. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

We don't have a (working) custom kernel built yet... (trust me, if know, I'm the one working on it...)

Edit: well that's awkward, the post I quoted was deleted :p
  9. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member