an sms inbox problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. burti16

burti16 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys

I'm quite new to android phones and still have some problems I couldn't figure out.
    When I'm texting to anyone my messages and her/his messages are shown seperately.What I mean is that the messages aren't listed according to time.So, whenever I get a message from my friends I have to scroll all the way up under his/her names because her messages are listed upside mine downside.I'm moving upside and downside to figure out what i wrote and what she answered
    I hope you got what my problem is :)

Advertisement
  2. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

Sounds very strange, my text messages are shown in conversation fashion according to time.

Has your phone been doing this from the time you got it? Is your phone SIM-free? I really don't know what to suggest... a hard reset might be worth it? :\

3. burti16

burti16 New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought it thursday and started using friday.although I checked every settings, I couldn't find anything that says "sort sms".strange!!

4. Fish-Bone

Fish-Bone Well-Known Member

Try using Handcent SMS. Its the best app for messaging. And if the problem is still there - there are problems with the time set on your phone and the time that is set on your providers servers. When you receive an message, it contains not only the sender number, but the sending time as well.

5. dwrong

dwrong Member

6. david.lee

david.lee Member

Hey guys, i have the same issue!

im current using my UNLOCKED BELL HTC legend on the Rogers network!
    Ive called HTC technical support hot line today, they have told me that the time of the sms is due to the network provider, and aparently alot of HTC's have this issue with Rogers network.

Whats strange is MMS comes at the CORRECT time....weird...

Ive also contacted Rogers technical support, they have gave me some crap about how i have to download a HTC patch from there rogers site to the phone in order to have sms recieved on time! Patch is only available for the HTC Dream / Magic

HOWEVER, i've tried using a BELL sim card in the phone. and SMS recieve time was NORMAL!

Is there any kind of patch / firmware / maybe even root that can fix this issue?

Thanks guys,

Dav

7. Magicarps

Magicarps New Member

I think I may also be having the same problem as you. Just recently, my phone (more specifically the SMS inbox) has been acting up. When i'm texting someone, the messages are out of order. For ex. I will send someone a message at 8:49 and they will send a message back at 8:50, yet in my inbox, my sent message is displayed at the very bottom, and theirs is displayed more above, which doesn't make sense. Any help?