An unbiased video comparision of Iphone 4 and EVO

Last Updated:

1. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks,

I found this Youtube vid of a pretty good and seemingly unbiased comparison of the new Iphone 4 and the HTC EVO. I like this guys style on his videos.

I hope you'll agree it's at least informative....

YouTube - iPhone 4 vs HTC EVO 4G: Fight!

Advertisement
  2. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

he doesn't know how to hold the home button for the last 6 used apps, also on android apps are frozen in the background just like the iphone(android did it first) except when needed like music,navigation and IM apps etc(and if they are open they are in the notification bar), hate it when people compare 2 phones without knowing how to use one of em, only thing imo iphone has on the evo is recording video. hope htc finds a fix for it

seems like he first didnt do his research before comparing them

nitussi likes this.
  3. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

"Hopefully Apple will implement this" is a phrase that denotes someone who is a fan of Apple. He did a fair job though trying not to let bias shine through.

4. Fazz

Fazz Active Member

I agree, apple fan boi.

5. jdjmad

jdjmad Member

Someone needs to know how to properly adjust white balance for indoor filming.

6. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I didn't know about holding the home button either. Thanks for unintentionally teaching me something new lol.

About the freezing apps deal. The most important apps for me to not freeze seem to run just fine in the background. For instance, web browsing. I can pull up my web browser, start loading a page, close it at say 10%, go into messaging, send a text, then go back to the web browser and the site will have loaded in the background. I am very impatient so to me web browsing doesn't freeze and I love it.

7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I feel like his bias was fairly obvious by the fact that he didn't even try to get to know Evo before doing this comparison.

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Umm unbiased? He has an iMac and an iPad in the background and also uses a 3GS. Maybe my eyes are bad but the outdoor videos looked identical to me. The iPhone definitely wins indoors. The Evo Flash test looks better than the iPhone to me. And yes just press and hold the home button to bring up tasks. Ohh and I am pretty sure that t- shirt he is wearing depicts the iPhone battery icon

9. MrPassion

MrPassion Well-Known Member

Pretty funny. He thinks the main thing people will compare is the camera? How about the ability to make and maintain calls? Or perhaps the speed of the data connection.

10. jtcannonball

jtcannonball Well-Known Member

Lol, he had on a Apple T-shirt, he had a iMac, MacBook Pro and an Ipad. And he said he was playing with iOS4 for a week and a half with his 3gs phone. I think he has played with the EVO for like 2 minutes. Decent video though

11. rabidewok

rabidewok Member

12. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I wonder how silly the iphone will look with web browsing when they get a bite of some Froyo. Great review,.

13. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member

i posted this on the review thread like 2 hours ago

14. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Great review and in the end it comes to with OS you prefer.

15. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

I kind of wonder if he really needed to ATK with the Evo or if he should have just left it. With program caching it might have been even faster.

16. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

I think what he was getting at is that he was trying to do a fair comparison. iPhone could of had cache programs too. He wanted to start everything stock.

17. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Very unbiased. Good review on the both phones.

18. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Hmm is i-OS4 as proactive with program caching as Android, or is it simply an on-demand thing? I see the point but I also just as much though there might have been questions of whether having many programs in memory slows down the loading of another program.

Ultimately I guess it's semantic for the purposes of this review.

19. Bnice

Bnice Guest

nice,straight forward and to the point.

20. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

If you look at the video comparison the EVO is filming at a lower framerate. You can see it stuttering, also it has more noise.

Also comparing the pictures, the outdoor one looks the same but the indoor one of his shoes, the EVO had more noise.

21. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

Two things I would like to adamantly disagree with within the first 5 minutes.

One - "The EVO is too big to go in a pocket." WRONG, I put mine comfortably in my pocket all the time! I also have a body armor case making it even thicker.

Two - "A 32 GB Micro SD card will cost you around $200." WRONG, maybe if you go to Best Buy and get ripped off.

22. fireboltr

fireboltr Member

Probably the most unbiased comparison I have seen to date.

This guy openly admits to preferring the iphone for himself, but still openly admiring the fact that for his real world tests the evo won.

We need more people like this doing reviews, not the typical hypocritical biased crap that I'm used to seeing.

Kinda refreshing actually.

23. sikclown

No he said that it was at the edge of pocketabilty... He did not say it was too big... He said you will want to check to make sure it is not too big for you. And two... Yes a 32 gb Micro SD card has a list price of 199.99... Of course you can find them (sparingly) for about 150.00. Any of the cheap ones listed on eBay are fakes.. Fact

24. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Not only that but you have the option of buying several smaller cards if you so choose.

25. sikclown

Yes TechBuffalo always does a pretty good job of unbiased reviews and take into account that what may be great for some is not great for others. Personally even if that had ended in the iPhone winning I still would have found it to be a great review and coverage. This is how all tech reviews should be done