Analog Clock

Last Updated:

1. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the small analog clock (#2 in the HTC clock widgets) still have issues with it showing the wrong time? Or is it just my phone? It shows the right location, but the time is 6 hours off

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

mines working fine :cool:

3. tatonka_Hero

weird. it seems kind of odd that it shows the right city, but that clock is 6 hours ahead, and the one in the taskbar is accurate

4. 702DROID

some time if there is more then one city with same name it reads that one as for mine i live in mesquite nevada but all htc clocks will give me mesquite tx times so i have to tell it to give me las vegas time so its right

5. tatonka_Hero

well, it picks it up as Winona...which is the correct location, and searching the cities in the widget, Winona isn't listed. And now I've managed to mess up my home settings lol...

EDIT: I managed to fix it...but my home is now 2 hours north of where I actually am, but at least the time in the current location is right, as is the name of the location...no idea how I managed to do it lol

6. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Yup, mine (#2) does it too. Right city, and even changes city name correctly through suburbs, time 6 hrs. off. Digital ones and dual clock work normally.

I just saw where you live. Could be a Minnesota thing - JK... I think

7. tatonka_Hero

I dunno, it just took some tinkering, and messing with the home location settings, and switching "use network values" off and back on...and that seemed to fix it. Along with a few not so pleasant words

8. 702DROID

:D:D

9. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know that I'd call that a "fix", but if you're good - cool. I could always get it to work right for a single city, which it sounds like what you've done, it's tracking my current location that does not work.

edit - Reply to below: Ah, I see.

10. tatonka_Hero

Actually, its tracking my location. My home is set at Minneapolis, but its tracking me in winona

11. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

I just noticed that mine started doing what you describe. It was fine for a long time until about two or three days ago. No matter what I do it shows the wrong time by about 4 hours. The clock in the task bar is correct and every other clock is accurate but that analog HTC clock is off.