1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

...and then in a burst of cosmic data packets...me

1. undun

undun New Member

:) Greetings!

Joining you jolly lot and excited to do so!

1st order of the day: Beg respectfully for help rooting my EVO 4G 2.3.5. - need free WiFi tether capability

I will attempt this tomorrow. For now...bedtime!

Cheers mates!

1of1

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

It's great to have you here. Welcome to these forums. Here is a link to the root area for your Evo. It's there you will get the best help on rooting your phone. Best of luck to you and thanks for joining the community.
    EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums
  3. undun

undun New Member

Thanks! Haven't rooted as yet...reading all about it. Really afraid to brick my phone :-(. None of the instructions so far are written from a coder's pov...engineering flow vs. natural language flow...so millions of questions pop up in my head - 'what should my screen look like here?', 'did I have to change the mode of my phone before running this command?'. Just being overly cautious :).

My phone is my work pretty much...w/out it for a couple hours is $$$ through the window. Really don't want to brick it :).

And thanks olbriar for the splendid welcome and link.

Cheers all!

1of1
  4. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

My welcome is genuine. It's great to have you here. You are wise to proceed with caution. In my opinion.. there is no emergency to gain root access. There is a lot to read and understand. Ask questions if you have them long before starting. Know your path well before you take the first step.
    Have fun and again.... thanks for joining these forums.