And you thought the EVO was huge...

Last Updated:

1. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

I don't like the design on top of the phone (in the back), and the camera looks like 80's camera design.

3. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

I think the Droid X is thinner, but it has that ugly hump in the back.

The Droid X is gonna be one big phone, the bezel is even larger than the EVO. I think to get away with a 4" screen the bezel has to be really small.

LG and their Infiniti line of TV's have one of the thinnest bezels you can find on an HDTV. They mentioned that they were researching on how to create a TV with NO bezel at all. I hope that tech transitions into cellphones, as a 5" cellphone with no bezel would be the perfect size IMO. It would be pretty awesome too.

I suspect that the Droid X is faster than the EVO's snapdragon. After looking at those videos the DroidX is incredibly fast.

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

LOL dam that is huge. Even looking at the pictures of the Evo before the launch, I was getting a bit worried, but seeing it in person and getting it was such a relief. Never saw an HD2 in person before as well. But yea that camera does look a little old school. One thing I love about the Evo, and this is jus my opinion, is how the status bar is black. I'm a dark theme type of person when it comes to themes, white is just ugly to me. Even my firefox has the Nasa Night launch theme :D.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4908/

5. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

To bad Motorola's suck!

6. edriggers

edriggers Well-Known Member

It looks pretty nice, but I've vowed never to purchase or own another Motorola device after my experience with the Cliq.

7. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Damn, sucked into the Sprint vortex with the EVO.

8. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Wow that thing flies!

My Evo, even with the root + Fresh ROM isn't that snappy :(

9. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

Time to return the Evo. Let's hope Verizon doesn't tack on a premium experience fee. Between this and the IPhone 4 later this month makes it a hard decision.

10. evofrompre

evofrompre Active Member

Just as far as design goes, I think I prefer Evo. That thing looks like a remote control mated with an 80's camera.

11. DeMiNe0

DeMiNe0 Active Member

The Droid X, looks like a nice phone, but honestly, I'm happy with the size of my Evo. I don't think I would like lugging around the Droid X with me, being that large. Many of the Positives that the Droid X has over the Evo, I think could be fixed on the Evo via software/firmware patches(Like the Evo's 30 FPS cap Problem, and the Droid X's "Battery Management Software"). I Don't think the processor is going to be all that much faster then the Evo's at this point.

Only time will tell though. Once the phone actually launches, then we'll be able to really pick some flaws out of the Droid X... I mean... Remember when everyone thought the Evo would be Perfect? :)

Not to mention... The Evo still has the Kickstand, 4G (Although, I think the Droid has the radio for Verizons Equal coming next year), and front camera.

12. timlot1

timlot1 Active Member

That motorola is pretty snappy, but that bottom bezel is huge. I hate screens that are off centered with disproportionate top and bottom bezel sizes. I'll still take my EVO with front camera, 4g, and kick stand which suprisingly I use far more than I thought I would.

13. unkillable

unkillable Member

Well, i was gonna be upset about verizon getting a better speced mega phone, but then i saw this monster, ewwwww

Im still thinking about the samsung galaxy s pro, if it has atleast a 4 inch screen, bye bye evo! I really want that humming bird gpu in my pocket!!!

14. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Super fast, way faster then my EVO. However, its just too damm big! And yea, what's with the 80's styling. Definitely looks like a remote control from the old school. Sorry EVO WINS on Styling.

15. Tomoko

Tomoko Well-Known Member

I'm glad more "big" phones are coming out, after having my D Inc for awhile I would really appreciate a bigger screen. Heck, I hope in 2 years time there are 5 inchers out there!

16. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that the bottom buttons are in a different order than the Evo? The menu is first with the Moto and then the home button.

You would think that at least the buttons would be standardized on Android.

17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Then there's the Dell Streak.

Seriously, with the gel cover, the Evo fits almost exactly to the top of the front pocket on most of my shirts - I think it's the right size for me.

I'm glad we're all getting choices for these larger screens - finally, I can use a touchscreen effectively, buh bye physical keyboard.

Not all of us have perfect eyesight!

Loving my Evo.

18. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member

19. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

Oh that looks amazing. I really like how snappy it is...

20. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

No motion blur in the 720p video they shot with it either, damn, Moto knows how to make hardware, thats for sure.

21. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Are all of you bye bye Evo people going to keep getting phones every two months, because there's always going to be a new phone that will be better.

It looks nice, not sure how I feel about it's appearance, but I like the internal memory and and speed of it

EleventhHour2139 likes this.
  22. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

when evo was announced everyone was so amazing how "Snappy" it was.

Now it's "slow"? lol

23. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

I think it is how Sprint tout it as the best phone ever and charging a premium price for it. Now that ATT and Verizon has a phone on par with the evo, I can't see any justification for the premium charge. The premium charge suddenly priced them more expensive than their competition which have a bigger network than them. That is why people are returning the evo and going back to the network they came from cause they see no reason to switch anymore. I'm glad the IPhone 4 and the Droid X came out within the 30 day return period of the Evo. Gives us more choices.

24. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

Wow, that thing looks ugly. Some of the specs are nice, but it doesn't look stylish to me at all, and that top bump in the back would continually bug me.

25. Markdek

Markdek Well-Known Member

Wow, the Android phones are coming out fast....