andftp trouble

Last Updated:

1. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am try to connect to an ftp server with andftp with no luck. i connect with my computer with several different clients. i have been trying ftp://myservername.com port 21 and it keeps saying invalid host/domain name. i have tried putting :21 at the end still doesn't work. it seems i am the only one having problems. does anyone that uses this have any suggestions for me please? thankyou

i figured it out, even though the app was telling me to put ftp:// before the server name you really don't have to. so it probably was seeing it as ftp://ftp://servername since it auotomatically puts it in for you. anyways thanks for the responses but it works like a charm now :)

Advertisement
  2. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

This happened to me the weekend before last. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it's worked fine since. Only used it a few times since then though.

3. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

On my phone (with AndFTP working), the ftp servers are typed in as "servername.com", not ftp://servername.com. Not sure if that will make a difference, but try excluding the "ftp://".