1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Andnav in California

Last Updated:

1. Chee

Chee Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know this may make those of us who do not live in Cali alittle peeved,but it appears that Andnav has extended their service to California. If anyone from the South West coast has used it, let us all hear a synopsis. I will try to install the app later and do an official American review. :cool:

http://www.andnav.org/

Advertisement
  2. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

well, I'm in san diego. I'll give it a try. At least the donations bar is starting to move it looks like they are getting ad revenue.

3. randel77

downloaded andnav2 from the site but no dice.

4. Chee

Chee Active Member This Topic's Starter

I down loaded yesterday. I may be harsh on the Andnav be cause just last month I was usung Telenav, which is pretty awsome, on my Blackberry befor it kicked the bucket and I got my G1. The title page of the application reminded me of a video game on a Sega Genisis. Once I got the app going I found there are too many steps to entering your destination. When I hit the road it led me no where near my destination. I just keep in mind that this is a free app that someone put a lot of personal time creating, there are a lot of bugs to be worked out. Or maybe its me.

5. randel77

Yeah, telnav looks pretty sweet, but ten dollars a month. So $120.00 for a year. you can buy a dedicated gps system for less than that. I've said it before these phone nav apps need to at the very most $40.00.

andnav2 does show the maps for my area but won't give me a route yet.