• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Andoird box with onkyo AV reciever + Smart TV

Andrew1974

Lurker
May 8, 2016
Hi all,

Just registered on the forums as this issue is starting to drive me mad,

I purchased a tonbux android box from amazon, I still need to setup kodi and everything and it works fine, the problem I am facing is that when I connect the android box to the AV receiver it knows off the ARC (audio return channel) and my TV cannot see my amp, everything then just goes through the tv speakers.

They are all connected by HDMI

my setup is as follow samsung smart TV
onkyo tx-sr343 5.1 AV receiver
Sony BD player
SKU HD box
TonBux Andorid box running kitkat quad core, 1gb ram

if I disconnect the android box anytime CEC on the TV see's all my devices and everything works fine, but when I connect the android box anytime CEC see no devices and I am stuck with everything going through the TV speakers the TV does not see the receiver at all.

I have tried Turning off the ARC but still the problem persists, I have set the audio to PCM and the video to HDMI passthrough, the only thing I can think of is that in the options somewhere on the tunbux I changed the audio to 55.1 but now I cant find that option anywhere,

Is this tonbux box incompatible with my receiver and TV? dont knwo what else todo.

Any advice?

Kind Regards
Andrew

One of these?
http://www.tonbux.com/products
A cheap Chinese device with HDMI out. Usually should just be able to plug them into the TV HDMI and it works. Doing anything fancy, like AV receivers, don't know, never tried. Beware cheapo devices like this can often be buggy, or have other quality issues.

There is contact details for Tonbux, or check with the vendor.

Shenzhen Tonbux Electronics Co. Ltd.,
Building 4 (East), SEG Technology Park,
North Huaqiang, Futian district,
Shenzhen, CHINA. 518031

Telephone: +86(755)-83268890
Email: ipo@tonbux.co.uk
hmmmm..."co.uk"

Good luck! :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones