Andriod Application Hang in Installing status !!!Support

Last Updated:

1. bmdayal

bmdayal New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone,
    I am running X10 mini pro Andriod 2.1 update1,
    I was installing Yahoo Mail from market, in the mean time my phone restarted, after that whenever I open Andiod market, I can see Yahoo in Installing state, I cannot cancel this, I tried restarting my phone, but nothing helps, anyone has any tweak like how to recover from this error ?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Someone said sign out of gtalk app and then sign back in and it somehow resolves this issue. No idea if this will work but probably worth a go.

The other thing to try is to open Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applciations and then find Market and Market uploader, make sure automatic updates is unticked, uninstall updates if you have that option and then clear cache and data, force close it and then go back into the market and see if that has got rid of it.

Jensen14 and bmdayal like this.
  3. bmdayal

I tried the other option, i.e - clearing the cache data but no use. I have to try signing out of google app, but wondering how to signout. I dont see a place where I can signout, any idea ?

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hmmm, what about the old standard of removing the battery and then restarting the phone again.

In the Gtalk app press Menu>More then sign out. I have no idea why this would work but it has been reported to solve market problems, my instinct would be to turn the phone off afterwards too.

Not sure what else to suggest other than the dreaded reset using SEUS but that is going to wipe your phone so feels a bit like a hammer to break a nut if you know what I mean.

bmdayal likes this.
  5. ison_machine

ison_machine Well-Known Member

i believe it is still the market app problem... have you tried uninstalling the market update? that may help.

however, in my experience, there is some delay between download and installing an app. maybe restarting or some task killer will solve this problem.

bmdayal likes this.
  6. bmdayal

Nothing worked, only option left now is Factory Data Reset. Anyway I am happy without Yahoo App, and currently I dont want to reinstall all my Apps, Thanks u all guys. In the mean time if I find something I will update it here.