• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Andriod - local html file

devcon7

Lurker
Jul 23, 2013
Hi,

We have an Andriod tablet. We are trying to access a simple html file via the local usb drive. The html file has links to local video files on the usb. Is there any special code that needs to be written to render the html page. Our current page is accessible via a local pc, but we get an error message on the android.

Any help or sample code would be appreciated.

Hi,
I tried File Explorer and clicked on the "Hello.html" it then prompted me to which program I wanted to use. I used HTML Viewer and the page opened. Cool

I then modified it to add a link to a video on the usb drive (see below) the link did not work, however if I paste the link into the browser, the video plays fine.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>
A Small Hello
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Hi</H1>
<P>This is very minimal "hello world" HTML document.</P>
<a href="file:///mnt/ext_usb1/MyVideo.mp4">Link to Video</a>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This project is a bit urgent and I am happy to pay you for your time. I will send you my contact info via a private message if you are interested

Thanks in advance for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I tried File Explorer and clicked on the "Hello.html" it then prompted me to which program I wanted to use. I used HTML Viewer and the page opened. Cool

I then modified it to add a link to a video on the usb drive (see below) the link did not work, however if I paste the link into the browser, the video plays fine.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>
A Small Hello
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Hi</H1>
<P>This is very minimal "hello world" HTML document.</P>
<a href="file:///mnt/ext_usb1/MyVideo.mp4">Link to Video</a>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This project is a bit urgent and I am happy to pay you for your time. I will send you my contact info via a private message if you are interested

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doesn't work for me either when using HTML viewer but it works for me if I open it in a browser (in my case Firefox Beta)

EDIT: works on Chrome for Android too

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones