Andriod Newbie with a question...

Last Updated:

1. mreortiz

mreortiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

My question is how do I know what apps or programs are running that might be potentially draining my battery. I am aware that Advanced Task Killer is a program that might help, but with the debate with whether it does more harm than good I don't want to use ATK. I just want to make sure that there isn't anything running that continues to drain my battery. Look forward to your replies. Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

Hmmm, perhaps Menu --> Settings --> About phone --> Battery --> What's Using your battery?

Dunno if that shows apps too. I think you can see some apps that you ran previously/still running by holding the home button down for a few seconds too

3. Streaks

Streaks Well-Known Member

I've run a full day with and without using ATK and I can say that overall ATK helps a tad bit. I just went 10 hours today without using it and it was a fairly heavy day of usage. A little GPS, a little LogMeIn, some Layar browser app which is awesome. All pretty data intensive plus this is leaving GPS and and Data on all day with a little WiFi in the mix.

4. Streaks

Streaks Well-Known Member

This is taken with System Panel:

[​IMG]

5. mreortiz

mreortiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found it! It is Settings --> Applications --> Running services

Ok, now my next question is what apps do i leave running and which do I end? There is a bunch open that I don't know if I should stop. When I go to close the apps a warning pops up: "The service will no longer run until start again. This may have undesirable consequences on the application ________.

What is norm?