Android 2.0.1 pro's and con's

Last Updated:

1. Neightron

Neightron Member This Topic's Starter

The 2.0.1 update came out last night. Your phone should have already updated automatically. So, I'd like to know what you've noticed that's different that wasn't already in the version notes: Android 2.0.1, Release 1 | Android Developers

First off, the power control widget. They have reskinned it and it look much better IMO. They have also changed the look of the unlock slider, which i am indifferent to.

What do you think and what else have you noticed about 2.0.1?

Advertisement
  2. blz346

blz346 Member

Overall the update is pretty nice but I've noticed the keyboard vibration isn't as pronounced anymore.

3. FishMann

FishMann New Member

I do not like the new unlock screen. The vibration, the off center clock, and the new slide bar all piss me off.

4. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Although the phone is more responsive, I think they slowed down the "flick" scrolling. Before if I browse the web or read a long email.. I'd flick and I would have to stop it because it moved fast. I like this though. Now when I do it it takes tad bit more effort. Me no like.

5. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

I have noticed NO change except the slider to unlock and the clock being off center. Kinda weird update. Was hoping for something we can see or use.

6. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Browser can no longer emulate different browsers (used to emulate desktop, Apple, mobile), when is FF mobile coming out?

Screen transitions are MUCH smoother.

7. mtvoelke

mtvoelke Member

I've noticed that it completely broke my ability to sync my Exchange calendar and contacts. =( If you are similarly affected I'd suggest you star this bug:

Issue 5337 - android - 2.0.1 on Motorola Droid Breaks Exchange Calendar/Contact Syncs - Project Hosting on Google Code

For those wondering what I mean by "starring", log in to the site with your Google/Gmail credentials and click on the star you'll see on the upper left of that page to "vote" for the bug. You may also be interested in this one:

Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code

The latter is the real root cause of the issue I believe (lack of support for ActiveSync policies).

8. alanad808

alanad808 Active Member

Pros:
    Moves way faster
    Nicer screen transition
    Like the new unlock slider/offset clock

Cons:
    Phone intermittently turns off/can't view SMS txt msgs.
    Phone can't answer calls (sliding to answer is not responding)
    Takes FOREVER for the droid to mount SD card

9. alanad808

alanad808 Active Member

Pros:
    Moves way faster
    Nicer screen transition

Cons:

Overall the update kinda ruined my day :( if the cons can be fixed ASAP, then I'll be a happy droid user again !

10. alanad808

alanad808 Active Member

Pros:
    Moves way faster
    Nicer screen transition

Cons:

11. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

I thought something was different when I went into the VZW store to play with one yest. Before the slide to unlock and silent bar was like a curve shape, now it's just horiztonal :L

12. SamFen

SamFen Active Member

I don't like the new straight unlock slider. I found the curved one to be more comfortable and natural. This one also seems to take a little longer to unlock, and the slider freezes awkwardly as its unlocking, which looks and feels unprofessional to me.

I do, however, like the disconnect between the unlock slider and the sound slider. I think it's now clearer to the average user.

Also, I think I see an improvement in my camera, but I haven't rreally put it through the paces enough to be sure.