Android 2.0 on Hero - HTC, this is an outrage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. rankorn

rankorn Active Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know about you other Hero users, but I think it's an outrage that we still do not have Android 2.0 (or at least 1.6) update for our Hero!

This device is supposed to be one of the most powerful Android devices, I went out an bought it for more than $500, and still have to use the old 1.5 version while more than 75%(!) of android devices already have Android 2.0 and 1.6.
    This is according to androidandme.com:
    [​IMG]

I also want to use Google navigation, install new apps and enjoy all the new features.
    It seems that HTC is ignoring its current clients, who bought their devices not so long ago.

I call for every Hero user to respond to this thread, let's create a petition and send it to HTC.

WE WANT ANDROID 2.0 RIGHT NOW!

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

:eek: Outraged I tell you!
    Thanks for the best laugh of the day. :rolleyes:

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Have some patience, testing it against sense UI would probably take some time, and you don't want a buggy firmware do you?

4. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

Calm down it will be ready when its ready just be patient with the rest of us good things come to those who wait:)

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I think they twittered to soon, probably had a major breakthrough with the coding side, twittered, then something else big came up.

But we do know they ARE working on it, and that is good enough for me.

6. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

I'm probably off to get a Droid on the 7th December, that's when they come out in the UK, SIM free for about

7. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Children are dying of starvation, men and women are being executed for their political views and this guy is outraged because he cannot get new features for his phone. Sad.

8. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member

9. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

10. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Wow, landscape ability for homescreens, definitely a cool feature!

The new widget looks really cool too, no need for al those toggles anymore.

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

12. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Calm down lol. If u really dig down into the guts of HTC Sense you'll see that most of the "new" features of Android OS 2.0 are already on the Hero. Actually it seems like Google combined features of the Sense UI with MotoBlur to come up with Android OS 2.0....well except for Google Nav. But when the Sense Eclair update does drop its gonna make stock 2.0 look pathetic. Patience is a virtue
    ps. WOW not only are there still people using 1.0, there are more people using 1.0 than 1.1? WTF? LOL

13. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

ahhh.....the joys of having a G1...can't wait til this drops!

14. glorify

glorify Active Member

15. pbenson

pbenson New Member

16. chickenlump

chickenlump Member

LOL... There be some icon fixing needed for the bottom control panel! Maybe that's why it's so delayed!

17. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The only comment I'm going to make is on this....

No, they're supporting their customers by providing a free update. The Hero is NOT the only Android-powered HTC device, and its users are NOT HTC's only "current clients".

18. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I just want to say that 2.0 isn't even out officially for the G1 yet. The Motorola Droid is the only one with 2.0 so far.

If you really want 1.6 (or even 2.0) on the Hero, there are unofficial vanilla ROMs that you can install onto it, ditching the SenseUI and all of its other unique features.

If you want SenseUI, you have to wait. Simple as that. If you want the same 1.6 or 2.0 experience as everyone else, go ahead and flash your Hero, but don't complain about not having something that non-Hero users will never get.

19. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

Yeah if I don't get 2.whatever by next Thursday I'm getting a iPhone, that will learn you HTC!!! :)

20. sebofo

sebofo New Member

I just got rid of my buggy SonyEricsson Satio and bought myself a Hero. With SE, you will never get improvements, only very late fixes for severe bugs. With an Android phone, you can actually discuss when an upgrade is coming..... and you can get improved functionality in the phone for free.
    I am now happy. I have a Hero. YES!!!!

21. Thorin10

Thorin10 Member

I for one am perfectly happy to wait for the 2.0 update as long as it's not months off. Then latest update doubled my battery life and improved the lag in the phone. No complaints there. :)

22. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Yep, couldn't agree more... had the Palm Treo800W with Sprint and they ABANDONED that phone, not 6 months after its release... Palm wouldn't do anything with it either, they were already selling its replacement, the Treo Pro. Windows Mobile update never happened, no updates from Sprint, nobody! They KNEW all the issues with that phone. Had to hack the REG and install a slew of 3rd party apps to make it work without pulling the battery 6 times a day to free the phone from a lock up, lolz, the trials and tribulations...

I'm ecstatic they already released an update for the Hero and the Promise of bringing the device along with a future OS update is just too much to ask for in todays market when a phone is old within a few months...:rolleyes:

So rejoice, we will be saved! Just exercise some patience, the phone (Sprint) is barely two months old... lolz

:cool:

23. xCasualty

xCasualty Member

I hope the update is soon :(

24. Forcefed

Forcefed Active Member

does anyone have a link to follow htc on twitter. I searched on twitter and i got lots from android and htc fans. i am looking for the official HTC twitter posts

and about 2.0 it will come out when its ready for htc. 1.5 is amazing with SENSE UI so 2.0 with SENSE UI will be out of this world. the last thing we need is a buggy OS update(then the only posts you will see on this forum is i hate this phone and i am going back to the iphone)

thanks

25. xCasualty

xCasualty Member

Lol so true, so true

Twitter

and you're very welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.